Thursday, July 17, 2008

Lady Bird Dreams in Color: Pain is Relative





Lady Bird SF is a supporter of the tattooed community. For me being tattooed allows me a place for things in my life that I want people to know about me but don't feel the need to tell everyone all the time. It allows people to see and seek if they want to know. Also I feel like it's a rite of passage in many ways.




The other day I went to Skull & Sword to get inked up by tattoo ronin, Lango.
Who you can now book an appointment with at Skull & Sword or at Seventh Son Tattoo
Brazilian born, self-taught, self motivated tattoo G.

I first fell in love with Lango's style at the Skin Vandels Art Show in San Jose.


He did an amazing painting of a women teathered to a stake in the middle of the ocean in green water color. (I'm still saving to purchase the painting LOL) But something about Lango's style was very intruging to me. Now almost a year after the art show I finally got my Lango tattoo.



I've been tattooed before. I have some small momentos of time on my wrists, inside arm, and above my elbow. But non of those tattoos were as intricate as my latest. Lango's tattoo guns were locked and loaded.

I sat down in the chair and the journey began... I have to admit this tattoo hurt and I was having trouble quiting my mind and sitting still which is a must when you are getting tattooed.


So let me explain the ink. 1 women 2 faces. In my life I've delt with some craziness as well as created my own drama and stress but at the end of the day all the stress and pain and struggle has made me. The flower is a Sampaguita the national flower of the Philippines and 1/2 of myself. The flower symbolizes a deep promise. But to me it's not of a marital promise to some one else. It's a deep promise to myself, to stay forever true.

No comments: