Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Statues of Living

When I was 14 years old my cousin Krish recommended that I read the book "The Alchemist" By Paulo Coelho. The story is a coming of age story that can speak to everyone who has asked themselves where do I belong in the Universe. Before reading this book I'd never really thought of life as a personal journey. I was living life for the approval of other people instead of just living life, with the intention of being someone that I could be proud of.

In 2005 I spent a semester abroad in Europe, and while I was getting my text books I stumbled upon a day planner inspired by the writing of Paulo Coelho which ironically is where I kept a log of my adventure. My own chapter of my own personal legend. =) But I haven't looked at it for a long time until recently, almost forgot that it existed. It was like unearthing a lost treasure with in your self. When I found my self in a bad place a few years ago, I called my cousin Krish crying on the phone, the best advise that she gave me was that I needed to take everything I was feeling and learning and write it down so that you never forget. So you can remember the steps along the way.


Now a decade later Paulo Coelho's writing once again puts me in awe and gives me faith that there are still people who are pushing for the progression for the generations.

So I wanted to share what has once again inspired me. Click on the bottom right corner to turn the pages.

No comments: